In 1928 the current Moorish – Neo-Gothic building was completed. The historic main sanctuary, whose groundbreaking was in 1927, is the oldest sanctuary in continuous use in Florida. Described as a Moorish-Gothic confection of stained glass and tropical tile – in the style popular in Miami in the 1920s. Designed by architects Robertson & Patterson, the sanctuary is on the National Register of Historic Places.
See more photos and information about our Bertha Abess Sanctuary at Synagogue 360.